Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate @ $199.99
Increase Microsoft SmartScreen Score and Build Brand Reputation Using Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
Comodo EV Code Signing certificate is an advanced version of standard code signing certificate that provides all the benefits of OV Code Signing certificate and the extra benefit of instant recognition from Microsoft SmartScreen Filter. For instance, it provides complete information about your company, like address, within the embedded digital signature. It's the most valued Code Signing certificate that helps increase sales and conversion while boosting user confidence. In addition, it instantly removes all the warning messages encountered by users during download and installation.
Comodo EV Code Signing certificate provides you the ability to sign your 32 and 64-bit software, executable programs, device drivers while offering a higher level of trust for your software users. Likewise, it comes with the private key separately stored on an external device, which you can use like two-factor authentication that gives you full control over who can code sign software and who can't.
Specifications of Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
- Maintains the authenticity of your software.
- Instant confidence and assurance to the customer that software is safe to download and install.
- Makes a trustworthy distribution outlet.
- Compatible with all the major platforms like Microsoft, Java, Mozilla object files, Adobe AIR, and much more.
- Increases your sales and conversion rate.
- Secures your integrity as a software developer/publisher.
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate Price Comparison
|Subscription||Comodo Code Signing Starts @ Buy Now||Comodo EV Code Signing Starts @ Buy Now||Sectigo Code Signing Starts @ Buy Now||Sectigo EV Code Signing Starts @ Buy Now|
|Options for Multiple Years||Max 5 years||Max 3 years||Max 5 years||Max 3 years|
|Issuance Time||1 – 3 Business Days||1 – 5 Business Days||1 – 3 Business Days||1 – 5 Business Days|
|Encryption Strength||SHA – 2, Up to 256-bits||SHA – 2, Up to 256-bits||SHA – 2, Up to 256-bits||SHA – 2, Up to 256-bits|
|Device Ubiquity||More than 99%||More than 99%||More than 99%||More than 99%|
|Validation||Business Validation||Extended Validation||Business Validation||Extended Validation|
|Free Vulnerability Check|
|Refund Policy||Within First 30 – Days||Within First 30 – Days||Within First 30 – Days||Within First 30 – Days|
|Visible Trust Indicator||Digital Signature||Digital Signature with Company Name||Digital Signature||Digital Signature with Company Name|
|Microsoft Authenticode Signing|
|MS Office Document Signing|
|Windows Vista x64 kernel-mode signing|
|Adobe Air Signing|
|Microsoft Office VBA signing|
Benefits of Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
SmartScreen Warning Removal
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate perfectly complies with the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen policies, due to which software users don't encounter any warning and experience an impeccable installation procedure. As a result, your software gets recommendations, improving productivity and revenue.
Unlimited Signing & Timestamping
With an EV Code Signing Certificate from Comodo, you can sign and timestamp as many executable files as you want. With your digital signs, operating systems will treat your software as authentic. With the help of timestamps, your executable files will remain secure and valid even after the certificate expiration.
Additional Private Key Security
Comodo provides the private key for EV Code Signing Certificate in an external hardware USB or token protected with a password. It gives you dual benefits. First, it enables storing private key away from the reach of unauthorized people, and second, it helps to align with the best practice of storing the key in a FIPS-140 hardware component.
Across Platform & File Compatibility
Using a Comodo Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate, you can digitally sign any executable file containing an application package, script, or program. Moreover, you can use it on different platforms for multiple file types, including Windows, MS Authenticode, Kernel, Java, Adobe Air, VBA, Mozilla, .ps1, .dll, .ocx, .xpi, .msi, MS Office, iOS, and more.
Stronger Digital Foundation
EV Code Signing Digital Certificate works as a fundamental security pillar for any software. It aids you in removing Unknown Publisher and SmartScreen warnings and fulfills the requirements of online repositories and app stores to publish the application. Moreover, it provides instant acceleration to brand reputation and moves it to the legitimate business list across digital platforms.
Meticulous EV Vetting
When you pass the Extended Validation vetting procedure, every operating system and browser understands that a third-party Certificate Authority has verified your business and you are an authorized software publisher whose applications are secure for each end-user. Only the vetting process outstands and supports you in becoming a legit organization.
Private Key Is Provided Separately When You Buy Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate
Usually, a private key comes stored on a server when you purchase an OV Code Signing certificate. However, the private key of an EV Code Signing certificate is provided separately through the mail in the form of an external hardware token.
Likewise, it also gives you full capability to control the private key like who can use and who cannot use for signing software, which also prevents the unauthorized usage of an EV Code Signing certificate.
Instant Bypass of Warning Message & Reputation With Microsoft SmartScreen Filter
Microsoft SmartScreen is quite famous for showing warning messages that many times scares away users or else sometimes, it even blocks the user from installing the software. But, if you code sign your software using the Comodo EV Code Signing certificate, it'll instantly bypass all the security warnings and create a reputation with the Microsoft SmartScreen filter. It means your customer won't face any warning, and software or an application gets installed smoothly.
EV Code Signing Certificate Addresses Weak Verification Process
EV Code Signing certificate lets an applicant undergo a more rigorous vetting process than regular code signing certificates. Along with verification of publisher's organization name, other business details like physical address, and telephone number, certificate authority like Comodo also go for other additional verification processes that make it harder for malicious hackers to get EV Code Signing certificate.
Buy or Renew Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate at Low Price
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate follows all the industry policies and utilizes the strongest hashing and encryption mechanism to secure the software. Once you complete its vetting process, your organization gets verified as legitimate across all browsers and operating systems. In addition, it removes the SmartScreen warnings, preventing unauthorized alterations and offering a seamless user experience. Furthermore, it improves productivity as more end-users and professionals recommend your software.
- Code Tamper-Proofing
- SmartScreen Warning Removal
- Brand Reputation Boost
- High Platform Compatibility
- Secures All Executable Files
- Hardware Token
- Builds User Trust
- Improve Conversions
Steps Required to Complete Comodo EV Code Signing Validation Process
- Fill Enrollment Form – After you make the payment, you get an email from the certificate authority that includes the enrollment form. And, you're required to fill in all the information and send it back to the (CA) certificate authority.
- Authentication of Your Company – Certificate authority verifies whether your organization is active and registered in the location you mentioned.
- For How Long Company Is Operational – This step checks whether the company has been working for more than three years or not. It's similar to the above step of authenticating your company. Likewise, the certificate authority also verifies if the company details match the Online Government Data and display the company's incorporation date.
- Verifying Physical Location – Certificate authority like Comodo asks to prove your company is presently in an active condition and registered with a physical presence within the country or state. Likewise, the certificate authority goes through the Online Government Database of your state, country, or local municipality. Finally, it verifies whether it matches precisely with the information provided in an enrollment form.
- Verification of Telephone Number – The CA verifies your publicly listed telephone number with reputed and acceptable Telephone Directories along with a verified name of your business and corporate identifiers such as LLC, Inc and a physical address.
- Verification of Employment – The CA goes through an Online Government Database to find the executive's name or the person provided in an enrollment form. Otherwise, the CA contacts your company's HR and makes sure that the applicant who applied for the Comodo EV Code Signing certificate is a full-time employee.
- Final Call for Verification Before Issuance – Once the above steps are cleared, the certificate authority makes one final call for verification to the person applying for an EV Code Signing certificate. Likewise, the CA asks simple questions, and once it's completed, your EV Code Signing certificate gets issued.
For a complete guide on how to complete the validation step to get an EV Code Signing issued, talk to our validation experts through live chat, or a phone call.
How Does Comodo EV Code Signing Work?
Comodo EV Code Signing Certificate Compatibility
- MS Office Macro Files & VBA
- MS Windows 8 and 10
- Adobe Air Applications
- Mozilla Object Files
- Java Applications & Applets
MS Authenticode & file formats like .exe, .cab, .dll, .msi, .ocx, .xap & .xpi
- MS Office Macro Files & MS Office VBA
Apple OS X Signing
Windows 8 kernel Mode Signing
Talk to our 24/7 SSL, Code Signing, & Email Signing experts to resolve issues regarding issuance, validation, & installation.
24/7 Email Ticketing
Connect with our support experts via call or support ticket for validation, or sales queries.